Saturday 13 October 2012

General Conference


Hello everybody!
Wow! how amazing was general conference!! After 8 hours of talks from the Prophet, Apostles and general authorities, I feel pumped and ready to take on the world again!! (we should have general conferences more often, they are so good!!!)
Well this week, it may not sound like much, but we have had 1 teach!! One!!! Our only teach in the last 3 weeks, I was so excited afterwards I called our district leader to report it as a miracle! But it was a miracle because it was a great lesson! We got to see Jimmy which was great. We had to go over a lot of things we taught last time as we last saw him like 3 weeks ago which is fine, and he had quite a few questions which is good. He told us that he had tried reading the introduction of the Book of Mormon and praying about it, but he said he didn't feel anything, so we went over how to recognise the Holy Ghost and both me and elder van Der Put shared our experiences of how we knew the Book of Mormon was true. strange thing about the lesson though, in the middle of the lesson, he just had a laughing fit, which me and Elder Van Der Put were quite confused about, But when he calmed down, he apologised and said he just felt so happy, and always does when he sees us missionaries so inside both me and i'm sure elder Van Der Put were just like "Yes! he can feel the spirit!" so we told him that was the spirit that was making him happy. Then at the end of the lesson, we asked if we could say a pray, and Jimmy came up with the idea that we should all say a prayer! It was Jimmy's idea! And when he started his prayer, the same thing happened, he had a small laughing fit, which was, i will admit, strange, but so good!!! and the best thing is, his partner came in part way through the teach, and she started asking us some questions too, as she was raised a catholic (but catholic school kinda pushed her away) so I hope we can teach her too.
Also yesterday, during conference we had a referral that we have never caught in get in contact with us and ask to meet up this week which will be good. We also have a few other potentials that we will hopefully get to see again over the next few weeks.
We have continued working with less-actives as well, and have a lot of information for the ward list like people who have moved or don't want visits etc which will be good for the ward.
Sorry this email is kinda short, but I only have 10 minutes left on the computers so I have to kinda wrap it up soon.
But how amazing was general conference!!! I have to admit 2 of my favourite talks were from Dallin H. Oaks and Jeffrey R. Holland, both of those talks were amazing though. I love hearing Jeffrey R. Holland speak though. If you missed his talk, watch it online, reading it does not do justice to the power he spoke with! It was amazing!! All of General conference was amazing though. I got so much out of it and now feel like I can take on the world!!! (I just hope I can keep that enthusiasm for the rest of my mission.)
Well time is running out so I better wrap up. Thank you all though for your emails, letters and prayers. If I don't reply to you directly then I am not neglecting you don't worry, I appriciate every email and letter I get, I just don't have as much time as I wish I had.
thank you all though.
I love you all very much!!!
Elder Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment