Sunday 16 December 2012

Moves came and went, but Elder Mitchell stays put...

I'm back on the road again, so I'm late in adding this to the blog, but as you can see from the heading Elder Mitchell is in Paignton for another 6 weeks, which means he's been in Devon long than I was on my mission.


Hey everyone!!
So this week is moves weeks, so the big news is.... I'm still going to be in Paignton for Christmas and New Years (that's if the world doesn't end on the 21st like the Mayan's ellegedly said it will.) so nothing has changed here. I am still with Elder Pettersen too so we will both be here until end of Janurary at least.
Well this week has had good and bad points. I'll get some of the bad stuff over with. We haven't been able to see any of our Investigators or Potentials this last week. Jane text us early last week saying she would be really busy that week but she should be alright to see us this week, but we are still trying to contact her. Also a potential Vanessa said she was busy all last week too as she is a carer and they get busy around Christmas, but she said this week she should have more free time. We are still trying to get a hold of her though too. And any other potentials we have anytime we go around to see them it is always a bad time. (They say this year is "the most wonderful time of the year," well not when you are trying to teach people!)
So we have been spending a lot of time seeing Less-actives and trying to find more people to teach. Finding doesnt help though when you pick a road on the map to knock, go to knock it and find out it isn't in fact a road but a little path that could have never been in the history of mankind a road, even when people walked everywhere as it is just a little tiny path. So that doesn't help.
A good thing from this last week though, is that on saturday the ward did a christmas Panto (this is the first big event that they have ever done since they got the chapel here in Paignton) of Aladdin. Bishop got me and Elder Pettersen to go around the street nearby to post flyers for it which originally I felt was a bit of a waste of time as I was sure there were better things we could have been doing with our time, but it was a good thing we did that. There was a massive turn out. there were some members from some other wards, there were quite a few less-actives there and there were apparently 42 non-members which was amazing! I didn't get to speak to many of them, but quite a lot of them came because they had flyers posted through the door. Elder Pettersen even gave a Book of Mormon out, but we haven't heard from the lady since. It was really funny though, people kept forgetting their lines, or getting them wrong, or forgetting props, but they improvised really well which made it really good. No one came the following day to church but never minds.
Then sunday was good. Me and Elder Pettersen both spoke. I talked about Joseph Smith and Elder Pettersen talked about the Book of Mormon. I was quite nervous when I gave mind, and didn't say half the stuff I wanted to say, and thought of so much other stuff I could say after I sat back down but apparently it was good. A lot of people came up to us afterwards and said thank you for the talks which was good.
So plans for today, I don't know really. We were going to Newton Abbot to spend time with some of the other missionaries who are waiting for their new companions but I'm not sure if we are or not. I'm sure we will find something to do anyway :)
Well I hope all of you are doing well. If you still have snow enjoy it, we don't have any down here, it is just freezing cold, but never mind.
Love to you all
Elder Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment