Monday 17 September 2012

Ice cubes and cars.....


Hey everybody!
This week has been good, but has been tough at times. A few interesting things happened, from getting ice cubes thrown at us to having two evangelical preachers trying to convert me and Elder Martin. It has been pretty interesting.
We have been working a lot with Less-actives, and on saturday we spent nearly all day doing gardening for 2 different less-actives. It was hard work, especially having to push a lawnmower UP a hill. Never again! But it was good fun and the Less actives really appriciated it.
We haven't been able to see Andy this week, I will explain why in a little bit, but we did get to see Jimmy this week. Jimmy is someone we found when we were out knocking, he was actually round his mum's and we knocked on her door and his mum was out but he answered. He is a really cool guy, and we taught him the restoration. He was pretty interested and accepted everything we taught him. We left him with a book of mormon and invited him to read and pray about it, and we also invited him to be baptized, which he accepted but he didn't commit to a date.
Also, at church yesterday, a member randomly brought her friend Vincent. So in gospel principles, we had nothing to really teach so we decided to teach him the Restoration. He understood everything and he already has a strong belief in God which is great! He accepted everything we taught him as weel, and said he felt good about it, and we invited him to be baptized, and he accepted! So we have two people scheduled to be baptized on the 13th October which is cool!
I would say more, but I am not sure how much time I have on the computer so the rest will have to wait for another time maybe.
This week is transfer week, I have a feeling I am moving so don't send any post. But anyway, one of our Zone Leaders Elder Sima is going home, so currently I am in Plymouth with our other Zone Leader Elder Livingston and Elder Martin. The reason I am here is, Plymouth have a car, but Elder Livingston failed his test, and Elder Martin doesn't have his licence so.... guess who is driving! :D oh yeah, me! It is so cool to drive! Yesterday we had to drop Elder Sima off in Bristol so the office Elder could pick up him and my old District Leader Elder Wan up, so I got to drive back from Bristol to Plymouth. It was good fun! Apparently I am a good driver so don't worry (that's mainly to you Becky, don't worry I am driving safe :P)
So yeah, that has been my week pretty much. Hope you are all doing well.
Love you all lots!
Elder Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment