Tuesday 13 August 2013

Birthdays and baptisms...

Just a few lines reporting on his birthday....

Hey dad , I did have a good birthday thank you. I got the package from you guys, from Linda and dad, and the two packages from Becky, any others, they must have been sent to the office and I haven't got them yet but there is a conference on Tuesday so I should get them then.

It looks like you had a good time in Glasgow, I would like to go when I get back, but that can wait until next year.

Thanks for your emails and pictures and presents and everything.

I'll let you know about the baptism in my big email.

Love you

Elder Mitchell

Then his regular weekly email.

Hey everybody,

I hope this actually is my 68th email, I've lost count haha!

First of all, Cameron, I told you that you were coming to England London south! Haha! Congrats on your call, see you in a few months!

S the highlight of this week is that Tara got baptized on Saturday! I was a great service and there was a great support from the ward and a good turn out. The water was apparently freezing but it was okay for me as I was just witnessing, it was elder coons doing the baptism. I got to confirm her on Sunday too which was good. She was really excited though. I would attach photos but the computers at the chapel weren't working so we are currently at the senior couples, elder and sister Hom, and they let us use their iPads which is fun haha. I'll try and get photos sent soon.

Other then that, I have some, quite sad, but I guess also good news. Elder coons health wise is not doing too good. He has been talking to president and he will be going home at the end of this transfer. He is getting an honorable release though, because he tried to push himself to work this week, but it made him worse. So he is going home at the end of the transfer and I will be getting a new companion.

Thankfully though I have not spent too much of the time in the flat, our district leader has been able to come through a few times which has been helpful. Because of that we have just been able to get 20 lessons this week which is good.

I'm not sure how well this week will go, as president has told elder coons to take it easy this week, but I will keep myself busy.

Well thank you all again for the birthday cards and presents and everything. I love you all so much.

Elder Mitchell 

No comments:

Post a Comment