Friday 18 May 2012

Moving on...

On Saturday, we got an email from Elder Mitchell's MTC President.  In it they said that this Wednesday, our missionary would be leaving the MTC for the mission field.  This is the letter:


Dear Brother Mitchell,

Your son will be departing from the England Missionary Training Centre next Wednesday, May 16.  We want you to know how much we have enjoyed having him with us. 

Elder Mitchell is a fine young man and we are grateful for the opportunity we have had to work with him on a daily basis. He is well-prepared for his mission and he continues each day to grow spiritually.  He is developing good teaching skills and is excited about the work.  He will soon be ready for full time service in the England London South Mission.

We love this young man and are grateful to you for all you have done to prepare him for this wonderful time in him life.  Your love and continued support are important to him success.   Letters from home are always greatly anticipated and appreciated.  Please address all future mail to:


England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel
Surrey
RH7 6NB

May you and your family be blessed as he continues to serve our Heavenly Father.



Sincerely,

President and Sister Walker
President and Sister Walker
President and Sister  Williams

I can't believe 3 weeks has passed already!!


In the mean time, we got to be Americans for 30 minutes as Sunday was Mother's Day every where else but the UK!  So Elder Mitchell got to call home for Mother's Day.  We all got to speak to.  He's doing well and eager to get into the field.


It seems that they had an National Anthem Day the same day - all the missionaries got to stand up in front of every one and sing their countries Anthems.  Elder Mitchell was proud to sing for his adoptive country of Scotland.  He even bought a Scottish flag to take with him.  He also found a Mitchell tartan tie.  I would love to see the reaction when companions or wards hear they are getting a Scottish missionary and this Englishman turns up!

Well Pday came and with it another email.  Very brief as he had to pack!  This is his email for the week:


Hi everyone,
sorry, it is just a short email today, we dont really have much of a P-day this week as its MOVES!!! my first transfer from the MTC to the mission field. I am so excited to meet my trainer, find out where I am serving and geting to work!! Dont get me wrong I am going to miss the MTC and the teachers and presidents and sisters Walker and Williams, I have learnt so much here and I am going to miss it, but I just can't wait to get to work.
It is kinda change though, because I can already feel the Lord moulding me into the man I need to be, not only for my mission but for the rest of my life. These next two ears will truly be the best two years FOR my life, not OF, because these two years will set up the rest of my life.
I hope you are all doing well, and I hope to get more time to read and respond to all your emails (and send a longer email back as my five minutes are up already haha!).
Send my love to everyone, as I do love you all :D
Elder Mitchell

last breakfast at the MTC
Wednesday was a very early start!!  It seems they were up at 5am.  Just time for breakfast, last pictures and goodbyes.  There are 15 missionaries going to London South.  Unfortunately, Elder Riki is going to a different mission - the London Mission. 









          Pres Walker says Goodbye
 
Goodbye London South

Goodbye MTC, Hello Mission Field


No comments:

Post a Comment